Friday, December 12, 2008

Local Market @ Brixton

Brixton Arts & Crafts Market is a new market that is only about a mile from my house - very convenient! Thought I'd give it a whirl last week - not too bad... it wasn't hugely busy, but I still managed to do pretty well.

A great mood and environment though - Brixton's got such an interesting history and is colourful and diverse. Fantastic for people-watching too - some right nutters about!

Had a good day - made some dosh and met some lovely people too. The talented and lovely Jasmine Mercer was next door to me with some beautiful paintings and cards - check out some of her stuff on her website.... we finished up with a sneaky couple of red wines together behind our stalls in the VERY chilly late afternoon.... !

I've booked in for their next stall on the 21st, and am hoping to be able to do Portobello Market on the 20th... !

No comments: