Thursday, November 6, 2008

Yaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!




I really can't even put into words how happy and relieved I am at Obama's win - I stayed up (very!) late to watch the election and really do believe this means a shift in more than just the politics of the US.


It's fair to say we've been somewhat obsessed with the election in our house, but I think people everywhere, all over the world should be (and are!) paying attention - this has such bigger ramifications than any other election in most of our lifetimes.


Why? I think we're at a fork in the road globally, and the direction of things to come will be hugely influenced by the policies of the American government. Climate change, international security, use of natural resources, international aid - these are all issues that cross borders and affect everyone. The US hugely influences all of these areas, and its decisions impact the world whether we like it or not - we've seen in the last 8 years how this impact can be terrible.. I think now we'll have a chance to see it be positive.


Bring it on

No comments: